The Nematology Laboratory at SASA provides technical support through the detection and identification of plant-parasitic nematodes (eelworms). Our Laboratory work supports the Scottish Government's Plant Health Service in the implementation of plant health regulations and through meeting the requirements of the Seed Potato Classification Scheme (SPCS). The Scottish potato industry benefits from the production of seed potatoes that meet high standards of plant health, minimising the loss of quality and yield that these pests can cause.
The Nematology Laboratory is able to offer the following services in relation to the diagnoses and control of Potato Cyst Nematodes:
- Statutory Soil Testing for PCN prior to Seed Potato Production
- Laboratory testing for PCN
- Statutory Testing of Peat used for Seed Potato Production
- Horticultural Testing for PCN
- Consignment Testing for PCN prior to Export
- Potato National List Trials: PCN Resistance testing
- Testing Soil Infill for PCN.