Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Detection of indigenous and non-indigenous pathogens of Solanum tuberosum via serological, virological and molecular diagnostics.
- Transmission Electron Microscopy.
- Quality Management.
- In 2015 I became SASA’s Quality Manager having 8 years’ experience working to ISO 9001:2008 and 5 years’ experience working to ISO 17025:2005.
- In 2009 I became the Deputy Potato Quarantine Unit Manager in Plant Biosecurity and Inspections Branch.
- Joined SASA in 2005 to work as an Assistant Plant Pathologist within Plant Biosecurity and Inspections branch.
- Awarded BSc (Hons) Animal Biology in 2004 from Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh.
Biological and molecular characterization of Potato yellow blotch virus, a new species of the genus Potyvirus. Plant Pathology. 68(2):251-260. . 2019.
First report of 'Candidatus Phytoplasma asteris' in commercial carrots in the United Kingdom. New Disease Reports . 30:16. . 2014.
HG12: a new potyvirus infecting potatoes. Proceedings of the 15th Triennial meeting of the virology section of the European Association of Potato Research, Antalya Turkey May 28-31 2013. . 2013.
Validation of ELISA and bioassay used in potato quarantine to meet the requirements of ISO 17025. Bioforsk Fokus. 5(5):29. . 2010.