Laura Melton CChem
Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Mass Spectrometry
- Pesticide Residue Analysis
- Chemistry Laboratory Manager
- 2013 - present date – Senior Analyst at SASA; responsible for analysis of pesticide residues in food (PRiF) by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LCMS) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GCMS), method development, participation in analytical proficiency tests, laboratory instrumentation and supplies.
- 2002-2013 – Lead Analyst at SASA; working in both the Pesticide Residues in Food (PRiF) team and the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme (WIIS) Scotland team. Duties included carrying-out analysis of pesticide residues in food and investigations into incidents of suspected poisoning of wildlife, pets, livestock and beneficial insects.
- 2002 – BSc (Hons) in Applied Chemistry, Napier University, Edinburgh (part-time).
- 1994 – 2002 – Trainee Analyst then Analyst in SASA’s Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme (WIIS) Scotland team.
SASA representative at the Analytical Sub-group (ASG) to the Expert Committee on Pesticide Residues in Food (PRiF).
One of the authors of the Pesticide Poisoning of Animals Report series - view list of Pesticide Poisoning of Animals Reports - as well as the following publications: