Dr Jason Sumner-Kalkun
ABG Researcher - Industrial Microbiology
Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Microbiome, soil, plant and animal associated microbes
- Biological control/ Bio-fumigation
- Invertebrate pests of Agriculture
- 2015- Present. Joined SASA on an industry funded R&D project assessing beneficial microbial communities in soil and their utilisation in crop protection; particularly PCN management and Bio-fumigation.
- 2010- 2014 PhD CASE Studentship on Biological Control at University of Reading (funded by BBSRC and CERTIS BCP). Researching predatory mites and their associated microbial communities, to inform biological control strategies.
- 2007-2010 BSc Zoology. University of Reading