Pesticide Usage Surveyor
Research interests/Areas of expertise
- Plant protection product use on agricultural and horticultural crops
- 2019 – Present – Pesticide Usage Survey Manager, managing the day to day running of the Pesticide Survey Unit. Quality Manager for the Pesticide Survey Unit.
- 2013 – 2019 – Pesticide Usage Surveyor, collecting pesticide use data on a wide range of agricultural and horticultural crops.
- 2005 – 2013 – Ecologist in the Wildlife Disease team at the Food and Environment Research Agency, UK.
- 2004 – MRes in Ecology and Environmental Management, University of York
- 2002 – BSc (Hons) in Behavioural and Environmental Biology, University of St Andrews
One of the authors of the Pesticide Usage Survey reports as well as the following publications:
Pesticide usage trends on Scottish potato crops 2008-2018. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2020. :261-264. . 2020.
Uptake of integrated pest management activities in Scottish agricultural and horticultural crop production. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2020. :3-10. . 2020.
Monitoring Scotland’s pesticide usage: the work of SASA’s Pesticide Survey Unit. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2018. :169-174. . 2018.
The impact of current and proposed neonicotinoid restrictions on Scottish crops and pesticide usage patterns. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2018. :163-168. . 2018.
Survey of the impact of the neonicotinoid restrictions on Scottish oilseed rape crops and recommendations for alternative crop protection strategies. Proceedings Crop Protection in Northern Britain 2016. :99-104. . 2016.